There are lots of reasons why a website performs poorly and needs to be rebuilt. Sometimes minorproblems can be overcome with a simple redesign. However, if your site has major or a long list of issues, it may be easier to simply start again.
Not sure if your website needs a partial or full refresh?Here are five common mistakes found on small business websites all the time.
- No CTA: Without clear calls to action on your site pages, your visitors won’t know what it is that you would like them to do. Beware of pop-ups to do this though as most browsers block these automatically.
- No on-page SEO: On-page SEO helps Google to understand the relevancy of your pages. Luckily this is one of the simplest problems to fix; you’llneed to use SEO on your site pages to give the search engines a justificationto rank your website above the competition.
- No socials: Social media networkingis amassive part of increasing your customer base. Making it easy for your visitors to share your content, will drive up your word of mouth conversions and allows users to give your business a shout out to their social media connections.
- Not device responsive: This is a non-negotiable issue; with the prevalence of mobile devices, it is not acceptable to have a website that does not adjust correctly for the user’s device.Make sure you pick a design that is responsive to all types of devices or you implement a mobile-based version of your site.
- Illogical Layout: Your site needs a logical navigation and menu system that is easy to understand. Information should be readily accessible and in logical locations throughout the site, otherwise users will become frustrated with the site and navigate away.
Don’t be too disheartened if your site ticks one or more of these boxes, the changes are easy to implement and with time your site will be better ranked and enjoying more traffic and higher conversion rates.